My first job was to gather my materials. Luckily I had some card stock that matched the yellow in the metal bee. The box is reinforced so nice and sturdy. I stamped a couple of bees from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set on all four sides before making the box up.
I gold embossed the bee onto the lid of the box and then tied a ribbon which just slides off to open.
The card is based on a design by a fellow Stampin Up demonstrator in the USA. I love all the dimensions and it was a great way to use up some scraps of paper I just couldn't throw away!
I used the hexagonal embossing folder to represent the beehive, layered some circles onto a doily. A few stamped floral images and a punched flower added some colour. Finally I added a "wobble" mechanism so the bee has some movement.
No tutorial on how I did everything, just a quick message to some friends showing the completed project.
See you in Craftland!